Manufacturing new products is riskier than those which have been in production for some time, that’s true for almost every product type and in particular for electronic products, because there’s just more to go wrong and more that we don’t know about.
Since many of Sofeast’s clients create new electronic devices Renaud and Adrian from the team explore the kind of Quality Assurance program we recommend (and actually follow for our clients) in this episode in order to reduce those many risks and unknowns.
You can use this information to go to your supplier and put in place the QA activities required to control your new product development and production or to check that a local third-party company helping to manage your project is doing the right thing.
Let’s get into what a QA program for new electronics includes…
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings, mentioning Renaud’s recent trip to India to check out component suppliers.
- 01:55 – Introducing the topic: Why Quality Assurance is particularly important for new electronics with many risks.
Electronics QA Program
- 07:21 – Activities to do at the start of product development.
- 20:34 – Activities do when the design is frozen and we’re transferring to manufacturing.
- 27:49 – Activities to do during mass production.
- 31:08 – Wrapping up.
We’ve created some great resources on this topic – read them and get help here:
- Sofeast provides electronics QA programs for our clients – explore them & get a quotation for your project!
- Watch as Renaud walks you through a typical QA program in this video
- Read The New Product Introduction Process Guide for Hardware Startups
- Watch New Product Introduction Process Walkthrough (For New Electronic Products)
- Read What Is A Quality Assurance Plan?
- Listen to The NPI Process: Trouble Awaits If You Skip Its Steps!
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!