First, read this comprehensive guide to IP protection in China
This guide to IP protection includes many of the key risks you’ll face and some proven strategies to mitigate or avoid them and be able to launch your product without being copied, including legal tools, tips for sourcing the right supplier, and how to compartmentalize your supply chain to avoid IP leakage and infringement.
Blog posts from Sofeast
Please try these various Sofeast resources about product IP risks and protection when manufacturing in China.
- Chinese Copycats: A Real Problem For Entrepreneurs?
- How To Create A Valid Manufacturing Contract In China To Protect Your IP
- How Far Does An NNN Agreement Need To Go To Protect Your IP In China?
- How To Protect Product IP When Working With Contractors & Factories In Different Locations? [6 tips]
- Keeping Sensitive Information Confidential – Disputes With Chinese Suppliers: Q&A (Volume 4)
- Will A China NNN Agreement Protect Us If We Start Assembling Products There?
- IP Protection For Manufacturers. Keep Component Suppliers In The Dark
Blog posts from our CEO Renaud Anjoran’s personal blog, QualityInspection.org
You can also listen to these episodes of Sofeast’s podcast
- How & why to create a valid China manufacturing contract
- Exploring Product Development Agreements For Importers
Many issues can be avoided by properly souring and vetting trustworthy and suitable Chinese suppliers before working with them to produce your product. Listen to our podcast series: Vetting Chinese Suppliers [Podcast Series] to get guidance on doing so.