At Sofeast we’ve been working with clients who produce electronic products in China for many years, and we have a broad experience in PCB assembly and testing for these products.
What’s a PCB?
Electronic products are controlled by a printed circuit board (PCB) and its components (connectors, capacitors, Bluetooth chipset, etc.). Once the components are soldered onto the PCB, the finished article is called a PCBA.
Issues with PCBs and PCBAs that importers may experience
Poor design of the PCBA schematic and poor component selection can cause many issues down the road: tendency to overheat, ability to pass EMC or FCC testing, inability to fit the board in a smaller casing, etc. Managing the battery (if any) properly is also very important.
Poor manufacturing (wave soldering and SMT, manual soldering…) can lead to many failures — some of which can be caught with standard testing, others that might only manifest months later in the field. Reliability testing (in particular, HASS and HALT) can help detect some of these risks.
Additional resources related to PCBs
- Developing the PCB for a Product Made in China
- PCBA Schematics Design for Your Production in China
- Auditing the PCBA Process of an EMS Factory in China
- Reliability Testing on Electronic Products in China: Don’t Skip It
- Design Reviews on New Electronic Hardware Products
- Manufacturing an Electronic Product in China: Ideas for Cost Saving
- Making Prototypes for an Electronic Product Made in China
- Selection of a Chip Set and Planning the Writing of Firmware
- How to Get SMT Machines Running Defect Free in China?