Sofeast’s head of Supply Chain Management, Kate, joins Adrian from the team to explain how the logistics situation for importers shipping goods from China to the West has evolved now that we’re into 2023.
During Covid times between 2020-2022, say, the costs and shipping times exploded to almost unsustainable levels for many importers, but in January 2023 we’re largely seeing a return to normality which is good news! But how has it improved and what challenges do we still see out there? Find out here…
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – New year’s greetings, introducing Kate, and introducing today’s topic: changes in logistics from China to the West since 2021 and looking ahead into 2023.
- 01:16 – What is China’s Covid epidemic like right now in early Jan ’23 and how is it affecting importers?
- 07:36 – What is the current situation in logistics from China now?
- 13:37 – What logistics challenges are we facing now in early 2023?
- 21:31 – Looking ahead into 2023.
- 24:56 – Wrapping up.
- Chinese New Year 2023 Comes Early. Be Prepared! [Podcast]
- What Does a Re-Opened China (Without Quarantine) Mean for Foreign Business?
- Where does Sofeast provide logistics support from?
- Sofeast’s logistics experts can help you get your products from Asia to where you need them – explore our Logistics Management solution where we take care of the entire process for you, from packing, incoterms, and warehousing, through to fulfillment and managing duties and tariffs upon arrival. Get a tailored quotation for your needs.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!