Renaud and Adrian are giving you some advance warning about Chinese New Year 2023 which is coming soon in January. Learn what to look out for and how to avoid the worst of the disruption in this episode…
Watch On YouTube
- 00:00 – Greetings
- 00:30 – When is Chinese New Year?
- 02:27 – Be aware if your suppliers are likely to be busy around this time.
- 05:37 – Why the risk of naughty factory owners taking your money and running is higher just before CNY.
- 08:54 – Do you have enough inventory to carry you through the holiday?
- 11:28 – There is a lot of uncertainty in China in the manufacturing industry.
- 19:13 – Why NOT to have all your eggs in the China basket…
- 24:12 – Would it be realistic to schedule orders to be produced by suppliers outside of China in and around the CNY period as a way to reduce the risks of disruption of supply?
- 26:13 – Why the time period before and after CNY is also a ‘red zone.’
- 32:49 – When is it safe to start ordering as normal?
- 59:03 – Wrapping up.
- Chinese New Year: how to manage the disruption?
- Can We Remove China From Our Supply Chains? [Podcast]
- Globalism 2.0: North American Importers To Move Supply Chains Out Of China Soon? [Podcast]
- DIY Sourcing From China Part 5: Building Rapport & Communication [Podcast]
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!