Got some time on your hands during Chinese New Year while your suppliers are on holiday?
In this bumper 43 minute Chinese New Year episode to keep you entertained during the holiday, Renaud & Adrian discuss tasks importers can perform to spring clean their supply chains during the CNY holiday when you might have a little extra time on your hands.
The point of this episode is to provoke some thought and help you to face some of the more difficult questions and tasks that often get put on ice during the normal day-to-day busy operations and running of a company. But the benefits are out there for importers who take time to assess their supply chains, so, with that in mind, listen to Renaud’s checklist of topics if you want to reduce YOUR supply chain risks & take advantage of untapped opportunities to get better results in 2021 and beyond! 👏
Just hit the play button to start listening..!
Listen to the episode right here 👇👇👇
Here’s a summary of key sections of this episode:
✅ Risks associated with your current supplier base
✅ Consolidate and strengthen relationships with key suppliers
✅ Rank & yank poor-performing factories
✅ Implement strong legal agreements
✅ Supply chain transparency
✅ Redesign of key products for better durability & reliability
✅ Implement an NPI process
✅ Level up local sourcing teams
✅ Level up local QC teams
✅ Inventory management
✅ Using an ERP or other IT systems to improve business management
Happy new year! 新年快乐!
Additional reading about the topics mentioned in today’s episode…
- Rank & Yank – 7 Reasons To Switch To A New Chinese Manufacturer
- Enforceable Chinese manufacturing contracts – How To Create A Valid Manufacturing Contract In China To Protect Your IP
- Sofeast can help you to create an enforceable manufacturing agreement
- Data collection about returns etc – Investigating the Causes of Product Failure and Improving Design
- Improving your NPI process – New Product Introduction Process Guide For Hardware Startups
- External product inspections
- Quality inspection app to improve inspector performance – we use our app: SynControl
- Inventory management – How Much Inventory Do You Need?
- We’ve generally discussed risk reduction in the supply chain, so you will also like this series of blog posts on supply chain risks management that Renaud wrote, which includes topics like what black swan events like the pandemic could be described as being, business continuity planning, the benefits of supply chain scorecards, and more.
Which of these points in the checklist do you want to examine to reduce risks or uncover interesting opportunities?
Let us know by leaving a comment, please.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider 👍
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
Don’t forget to give us a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and share with your network if you enjoy listening! 😊