Sofeast’s CEO Renaud Anjoran and Adrian kick off the episode by talking about Hong Kong’s new and improved immigration and Covid procedures and the heatwaves and droughts in China that have been affecting manufacturing there.
The main topic is learning how to calculate the key costs you need to know in order to successfully launch your new product. What investment will you need to get it developed and made? What will the cost per unit be by the time you’ve imported it? What will your selling price be? Renaud answers these questions for you and provides a breakdown of items and activities that make up each cost.
Watch: Video on YouTube
- 00:00 – Greetings.
- 00:37 – How visiting Hong Kong in August 2022 has become easier.
- 04:20 – What effects are the heatwave and drought in China, especially in the Western provinces of Sichuan and Chongqing, having on manufacturing?
- 09:13 – The psychological side of launching a new product and how ambition affects a product launch.
- 14:46 – What are the finance numbers involved?
- 22:59 – What’s included in these costs? (action & item breakdown)
- 32:39 – Why do many products end up being sold at a loss?
- 35:06 – Other ‘hidden issues’ that don’t always show up in the calculations.
- 37:39 – In summary.
- Sofeast can support you when bringing your new product to market in almost all aspects discussed in this episode, for instance, select our NPI support solution
- Explainer: Hong Kong’s ‘3+4’ Covid-19 hotel quarantine arrangements for international arrivals
- China drought causes Yangtze to dry up, sparking shortage of hydropower
- New Product Launch Process
- What Are Your Non-Recurring Engineering Costs for Production in China?
- Getting To Grips With Non-Recurring Engineering Costs (NRE) [Podcast]
- How to calculate landed cost
- Dangers of Amortizing Development Costs in the Production Price
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!