Marshall Taplits founder of East-Coast 3PL Ship It Done and American logistics and shipping expert joins Sofeast’s CEO Renaud Anjoran to update us about the situation in the USA right now in July 2022.
Covid, fuel and energy costs, staffing issues, economic recession, war…all of these are factors affecting shipping right now.
But let’s also look further ahead: Where do Marshall and Renaud see the industry going in the second half of 2022 or a few years from now?
This is a great episode for anyone who’s currently shipping goods from China or other Asian countries and, of course, American importers, too.
Watch: Video on YouTube
- 00:00 – Greetings and introduction.
- 01:49 – Introducing our guest Marshall Taplits.
Marshall gives his history and also introduces his business, US East Coast 3PL warehouse: Shipitdone.com and his new warehouse management system, 3PLMax.com.
- 04:53 – What is the logistics situation in the USA right now (July ’22)?
- 11:25 – Has getting containers into and out of US ports improved recently?
- 15:15 – Has the change in legislation for truckers in California made a difference?
- 16:39 – Why energy, gasoline, and diesel costs are a key driver in trucking costs.
- 18:24 – What might the logistics situation in the USA be like for the rest of 2022 (July to December)?
- 21:57 – Focusing on China.
- 27:29 – How might the logistics situation in the USA be in 3 years’ time?
- 33:13 – Have other countries taken a bite from China’s business?
- 36:55 – Wrap-up.
- Sea freight costs falling in summer ‘22. Too early to celebrate?
- The Impacts of Russia Sanctions on International Trade & Logistics
- How Do Logistics From China Work for Importers?
- Types of Incoterms [Guide]
- What’s Causing The USA’s Logistics Troubles? [Podcast]
- Logistics Management from Sofeast’s supply chain management team – we support you by setting up and managing your shipping from suppliers in Asia to your location with acceptable costs and lead times.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!