Sofeast’s CEO, Renaud, answers three interesting questions sent in by our podcast listeners.
They are: how to communicate the fabric quality standard you need to suppliers, tactics for coping with US tariffs on China-made goods, and strategies to cope with volatile material costs today that seem to be rising all of the time.
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings & Introduction
- 01:43 – “How to communicate the quality of materials/fabrics you want to buy to your supplier..? There are qualitative aspects that are outside a fabric spec description.”
- 13:02 – How to minimize tariffs on China-made goods imported to the USA under our brand?
- 24:58 – Any tactics for handling volatile material and shipping costs today?
- 32:03 – Is China as affected by energy cost rises as other regions right now?
- 34:32 – Wrapping up.
We’ve created some great resources on this topic – read them here 🤓👇
- Plastic, Silicone, Steel, and Others: Updated China Raw Materials Costs (Late Feb ’22)
- Rising Raw Material Prices: What Strategy To Follow? (6 Approaches)
- How To Cooperate With Your Chinese Supplier, Part 16: Bad News from China, Raw Material Prices Just Increased!
- How To Switch To A Newer, Better Chinese Manufacturer? [eBook]
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!