The main topic is the non-disclosure non-use non-circumvention agreement. These agreements are important legal tools for importers to use if they’re serious about protecting their business interests and product IP. But there are right and wrong ways to use them, so Renaud explains some of the common mistakes made by importers when using NNN agreements for you to avoid.
However, we start this episode by looking at the current Covid situation in China. Despite strict zero-covid policies, there are outbreaks along the East coast in many major manufacturing areas and it’s starting to look difficult, especially with the Winter Olympics and Chinese New Year coming up soon. How are supply chains being affected?
Watch on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings & introduction
- 01:10 – Exploring the worsening Covid situation across China & its effect on supply chains there.
- 11:45 – What is a non-disclosure non-use non-circumvention agreement?
- 18:40 – What do importers often get wrong when drafting and using NNN agreements?
- 34:46 – Wrapping up.
- China’s hard-line COVID-zero response to Omicron could trigger supply-chain chaos [Fortune]
- Will A China NNN Agreement Protect Us If We Start Assembling Products There?
- How Far Does An NNN Agreement Need To Go To Protect Your IP In China?
- Misguided Legal Advice Given to Startups in China: 8 Examples (including non-disclosure non-use non-circumvention agreements)
- IP Protection For Importers Developing & Manufacturing Products In China [Sofeast Free Guide]
Here at Sofeast, we are not lawyers. What we discussed above is based only on our understanding of the legal requirements. We do not present this information as a basis for you to make decisions, and we do not accept any liability if you do so. Consider consulting a lawyer before making legal decisions.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!