We’re diving back into our series of episodes on how to do your own sourcing from China, from finding suppliers, getting the products manufactured, and through to post-cooperation soft skills such as building rapport with them, following up on production, and today’s topic: Improving the product quality that you’re getting from your now current supplier with 6 tips and best practices from Sofeast’s CEO Renaud Anjoran.
Who doesn’t want better product quality from existing manufacturers, right?
By the way, this is part 8 of this series, and if you want to go back and listen to every earlier part of this series check out the links below.
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings & Introduction
- 02:29 – Are product defects impossible to avoid?
- Some advice for getting towards zero defects (with low/no capital investment)
- 07:53 – The supplier needs to be incentivised to care about quality
- 10:54 – Tip 1: Beware of batch and queue
- 15:57 – Tip 2: Local management needs to build up a disciplined culture
- 21:06 – Tip 3: Getting operators to do some QC work
- 26:23 – Tip 4: Implement a usability engineering approach & mistake-proofing
- 31:35 – Tip 5: Clear work instructions & staff training
- 37:18 – Tip 6: Process controls
- 41:54 – Wrapping up.
We’ve created some great resources on this topic – read them and get help here:
- Part 1: Good Fit, Sourcing, Vetting, & Backups [Podcast]
- Part 2: Negotiations, Terms, Leverage, & Quality Standards [Podcast]
- Part 3: Project Management & Checking Quality Early [Podcast]
- Part 4: Final Inspections [Podcast]
- Part 5: Building Rapport [Podcast]
- Part 6: Hands-on or hands-off buyer? [Podcast]
- Part 7: How To Develop Your Chinese Supplier? [Podcast]
- Quality Assurance In China Or Vietnam For Beginners [eBook] 👈 Download for free
- Many more blog posts about quality
- The Sofeast group’s own contract manufacturing subsidiary: Agilian Technology
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!