The EU is bringing in sustainability regulations in 2025 that will demand that you have full visibility over your supply chain and can provide evidence of who is in it, where they are, and what materials and components go into your product so the product’s sustainability can be seen, i.e. you don’t use unsustainable or harmful materials or have suppliers in highlighted areas, such as where there might be forced labor.
But are importers ready?
This episode shows you what kind of effort lies ahead to become compliant for EU importers.
Listen to the episode here 👇
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings and introduction.
- 01:40 – The EU ‘Green Deal’s’ new sustainability requirements and what they mean.
- 07:35 – What sustainability information must be collected?
- 17:12 – How easy will it be to get visibility into your supply chain?
- 29:18 – Approaches used to oversee supply chains.
- 43:46 – Why the old business model of buying off-the-shelf products from an ODM will probably need to change?
- 46:14 – Conclusion: What you can do to prepare and how this will affect many areas in future.
- Get help from Sofeast to comply with EU sustainability regulations: EU Ecodesign Regulation Risk Assessment & Preparation
- WSJ article: Companies Rush to Trace Sprawling Supply Chains as Sustainability Rules Loom
- The EU Green Deal
- What is the EU Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation?
- 23 Ideas For Producing More Eco-Friendly Products
- How To Get Transparency And Control Over Your Supply Chain? [podcast]
- Design For Sustainability
- 15 Key Eco Certifications For Green Manufacturers
- Various Green Manufacturing Resources
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!