Sofeast’s CEO Renaud and Adrian from the team get together to discuss how and why to improve your visibility over your supply chain.
NOT knowing who produces your components, materials, or even assembles your products can land you in hot water if they’re found to be non-compliant and unsafe. You also risk upsetting your valuable customers if the quality isn’t right. But how will you know if you don’t know who is in your supply chain or where they are? Not all suppliers in China especially want to give this information out as it helps them control the project, but that’s not good for you.
In this episode, you’ll discover why new regulations in the West are making transparent supply chains more important than ever, the risks you face if you don’t know what’s happening, and some actionable tips you can implement to improve transparency and control.
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings & Introduction to today’s topic: how to increase visibility over your supply chain
- 03:05 – Does everyone know who’s in their supply chain?
- 05:18 – Background: Regulations coming into action requiring more supply-chain visibility.
- 11:29 – Real examples of people we’ve worked with at Sofeast who suffered problems caused by a lack of visibility over their supply chains.
- 14:06 – Do Chinese suppliers often try to hide supply chain info and why?
- 19:18 – The drawbacks of NOT having visibility over your supply chain.
- 31:19 – Best practices that will help you have better supply chain visibility
- 38:18 – Wrapping up.
We’ve created some great resources on this topic – read them and get help here:
- Get help to source suppliers and products from Sofeast
- 8 Elements of a Low-Risk Supply Chain in China [Webinar]
- How To Push a Chinese or Vietnamese Supplier for Supply Chain Transparency
- How To Qualify A Contract Manufacturer Or Component Supplier [Podcast]
- Developing New Products? Which Suppliers Are The Right Fit For You?
- Have You Revised your Supply Chain Risk Analysis?
- 6 Steps and 1 Key To Reduce Subcontracting Risks in China
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!