Before you start working with a manufacturer are you 100% certain that they fully understand your quality expectations? Do they know whether a particular defect is minor or major? If there’s a slight variation, at what point does it become unacceptable?
Without quality standards, a lot of this is guesswork leading to higher costs, delayed shipments, and, ultimately, poor quality products and annoyed customers and suppliers!
Sofeast’s CEO, Renaud, and Adrian from the team discuss the levels of quality standards, from basic to more advanced. Used together, they keep everyone aligned!
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings & Introduction
- 01:03 – What are quality standards?
- 07:51 – Does every importer implement a clear standard?
- 10:41 – 1. The golden sample.
- 16:20 – 2. Specifications sheet.
- 27:13 – 3. Defect board.
- 29:23 – 4. Boundary samples.
- 34:37 – How to handle and keep physical samples safe?
- 38:19 – Avoiding different conclusions being drawn during inspections by confirming the measurement system to be used, etc.
- 41:57 – Wrapping up.
We’ve created some great resources on this topic – read them here 🤓👇
- Product specifications template for importers in China [FREE download]
- Documenting Your Company’s Quality Standard into the Details
- Is your China factory’s quality standard too low?
- Golden Sample: Why You Need It Before Mass Production Starts
- Why Is A Pre-Production Sample So Important? [Podcast]
- Quality Control Plan: Defining Expectations Before Production
- Product quality inspections in China/Asia [solutions from Sofeast]
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!