Our CEO Renaud is joined by a special guest in this episode, Andrew Hupert, a cross-cultural management and communication expert, coach, and trainer who spent 10+ years in China, is currently based in Mexico, and also creates a podcast you should check out: Globalism 2.0.
In this episode, they delve into why the clock is ticking for US companies with Chinese suppliers, with increasing difficulties already occurring due to complex import rules, tariffs, and anti-China politics.
You’ll also learn why North American companies are looking at countries like Vietnam and Mexico as an alternative, and Andrew explains some of the benefits of using the latter as a manufacturing base.
As the USA’s influence wanes, what does this mean for China, BRIC countries, and other areas like Latin America? Andrew gives some insight into this, too.
Don’t miss this awesome episode – hit the link below to listen!
Listen: Is It Time For North American Importers To Leave China? (Feat. Andrew Hupert)
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings & Introduction to today’s topic.
- 03:04 – Andrew’s background.
- 04:21 – What is ‘Globalism 2.0?’
- 13:29 – What is a bad scenario in the next few years that companies who manufacture products in China for sale in the USA need to plan for?
- 21:59 – Is there a timetable where the situation between China and the US becomes very hard for importers?
- 22:57 – Implementing China +1 and going further.
- 26:27 – Is Vietnam a potential China alternative?
- 29:56 – Have a lot of companies selling into the USA & Canada already near-shored their supply chains into Mexico?
- 33:15 – What’s the relationship between Mexico and China?
- 40:22 – Wrapping up.
We’ve created some great resources on this topic and connect with Andrew here 🤓👇
- Read Andrew’s book: The Fragile Bridge: Conflict Management in Chinese Business
- Follow Andrew on LinkedIn to read his latest posts
- Listen to Andrew’s podcast, Globalism 2.0
- Why Your Product’s Final Assembly Should Be Close To Its Key Components
- When Should American Companies Reshore Manufacturing Or Stay In China?
- How To Diversify Manufacturing Sources Out of China and Cut Risk
- Nearshoring To Mexico. An Alternative To China? [Podcast]
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!
Leave a Reply