Renaud and Adrian from the team tackle how to design products with less negative environmental impacts and share and comment on the 39 environmental improvement strategies from the IEC 62430:2019 standard for environmentally conscious design.
You’ll find that you won’t need to implement all of these ideas, but let’s say you do a lifecycle assessment and find a few key areas to improve, even a few relevant strategies from this podcast could reduce your environmental footprint by a lot which could be beneficial in terms of reducing costs, pleasing customers, and being a greener business!
Listen to the episode here 👇
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings and introduction: why are we talking about products’ environmental footprints and sustainability?
- 09:54 – Good product design practices for bringing to market products with a lower environmental impact from IEC 62430:2019.
- 14:09 – 1. Design for material sourcing
- 24:44 – 2. Design for manufacture
- 30:45 – 3. Design for transport and distribution
- 36:58 – 4. Design for use (including installation and maintenance)
- 51:23 – 5. Design for end of life
- 55:11 – Why importers need to start thinking about and planning for more sustainable products
- IEC 62430:2019 for ‘Environmentally conscious design’
- What is the EU Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation?
- Designing New Products With A Cradle To Cradle Cycle In Mind
- The Design for X Approach: 12 Common Examples
- How To Do an LCA? (Measuring a Product’s Environmental Impact)
- 23 Ideas For Producing More Eco-Friendly Products
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!