Renaud takes you through the more theoretical side of quality, sharing several interesting definitions, exploring the difference between ‘little q’ and ‘Big Q’ quality, and sharing some insight into how to improve quality in your supply chain.
Every importer sees the value in better quality, but if your focus is simply on if a finished product is or is not acceptable as per your specifications then you could be missing an opportunity to improve the factors and processes that affect quality all the way from design to production.
Listen: What Is Quality?
Watch: On YouTube
- 00:00 – Greetings and Renaud’s first in-person presentation in 3 years (!) at the Global Sources show in Hong Kong.
You can rewatch Renaud’s presentation about how to find the RIGHT suppliers on the Sofeast LinkedIn page 👀
- 03:27 – Today’s topic: What is Quality?
- 04:42 – ‘Little q’ quality.
- 09:45 – ‘Big Q’ quality.
- 11:38 – Deming’s Total Quality Management principles.
- 13:36 – Juran: A smart definition of quality.
- 18:59 – Getting away from ‘Little q’ quality.
- 20:35 – Customer quality expectations differ from product category to product category.
- 23:40 – David Garvin’s book: Managing Quality.
- 35:57 – Summary about quality.
- 38:40 – Wrapping up.
- Quality Control Plan: Defining Expectations Before Production
- Product Quality and Reliability Issues: Typical Classification
- What Is A Quality Assurance Plan?
- Design for Quality (DFQ)
- How To Get Better Quality Products From Suppliers & Optimize QC Inspections? [Podcast]
- Sofeast has an entire range of solutions to help you improve both Little and Big quality in China, India, Vietnam, and elsewhere in Asia!
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!