Our CEO Renaud is joined by Sofeast’s head of New Product Development, Andrew Amirnovin who has an electrical engineering background and keen focus on product reliability, and Clive Greenwood who’s a quality consultant at WWMG associates and is a Six Sigma Black Belt with a special focus on medical devices and product compliance. This is a bumper episode where the three experts take you on a deep dive into how poor quality and reliability negatively impacts your business.
- What poor product quality & reliability is
- Some well-known examples of products that failed and caused the manufacturer big problems
- The negative effects & costs you’ll face, such as safety recalls, rework costs, damaged brand reputation, and more
- Strategies to prevent poor quality & reliability problems
- How to build an effective QMS (quality management system)
Watch on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings & today’s topic
- 01:16 – Clive & Andrew introductions and industry experience
- 03:59 – Some real-life examples of products that suffered from bad quality and reliability
- 11:17 – People often focus on quality, but not reliability. A mistake?
- 17:28 – How to make a reliable product and prevent quality & reliability issues?
- 27:27 – Where do design engineers go wrong?
- 34:34 – Compliance standards
- 37:22 – A list of typical costs of poor quality once a bad product hits the field
- 39:39 – The example of a defective toy and how it affected the brand
- 42:47 – The relationship between the design and quality & reliability teams
- 47:45 – Process risk analysis
- 50:51 – The 8D corrective action process
- 55:26 – Summary and conclusion
- What’s The Cost Of Quality? [Podcast]
- How To Drive Your Chinese Suppliers To Improve Reliability
- Your Cost of Poor Quality Is Higher Than You Think
- How Bad Product Design Leads to Many Quality Issues
- Sofeast product engineering solutions to help you develop a reliable and good quality product
- Sofeast QA solutions for inspecting products and assuring compliance
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!