They have an interesting and lively discussion about what the costs are that are related to quality, the ROI of investing in a zero-defect approach, the benefits of Quality Assurance, how to work with your suppliers and improve the quality coming from them even if they are not very quality-minded, and plenty of advice about how to invest in your processes in order to reduce costs.
Watch: Watch it on YouTube
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 01:40 – When we talk about the cost related in some way to quality we have prevention and appraisal, internal failures, and external failures. What do these mean?
- 07:51 – What’s the ROI of investing in zero defects?
- 13:28 – What benefits does QA provide aside from cost reduction?
- 20:13 – Supplier quality management.
- 25:13 – Design For Quality (DFQ) and why quality is an investment.
- 28:50 – What does the customer need to do if a Chinese manufacturer is unsophisticated and has little awareness about quality?
- 44:03 – Wrapping Up
- Your Cost of Poor Quality Is Higher Than You Think
- Tips On How To Get Suppliers To Zero Defects [Podcast]
- PDCA: Plan, Do, Check, Act
- What Is A Quality Assurance Plan?
- What Is Quality Assurance?
- Design for Quality (DFQ)
- How To Avoid Damaging After Sales Quality Problems
- Documenting Your Company’s Quality Standard into the Details
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!