Our CEO Renaud is joined by Andrew Amirnovin, our head of New Product Development at Sofeast, and together they dive into why entrepreneurs and companies who’re designing, developing, and manufacturing their new products need to give close attention to product reliability.
Did you know that designing for reliability starts during the earliest stages of your new product launch project? Andrew explains why here along with some great advice for what to include in a reliability test plan and common issues to avoid.
Watch: Watch it on YouTube
- 00:00 – Greetings & introducing Andrew
- 02:54 – What is product reliability and why is it important?
- 07:54 – How to reduce common reliability problems that occur after some time?
- 10:58 – Do companies take reliability testing very seriously in general?
- 12:04 – At what point in the NPD process should you start thinking about product reliability?
- 14:11 – What do we learn from testing prototypes to failure?
- 17:43 – Should the reliability test plan be changed while iterating prototypes?
- 21:10 – An example of corner-cutting: The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 ‘disaster.’
- 26:20 – Another example of a reliability-related disaster: The Boeing 737 Max.
- 27:49 – What is the role of ongoing reliability testing during production?
- 31:18 – Product reliability risks caused by having an extended supply chain.
- 32:38 – Wrapping up
- Do You Need a Customized Reliability Test Plan?
- Product reliability FAQs
- Product Design Reliability Drives User Safety
- Life Test To Determine Product Reliability
- Why Product Safety, Quality, and Reliability Are Tightly Linked
- Exploring Product Safety & Reliability Issue Liability [Podcast]
- Using Reliability Engineering for Designing a More Durable Product
- How Many Product Samples Do We Really Need To Test For Reliability And Compliance?
- Why Do Importers Need Product Reliability Testing? [Podcast]
- Reliability Testing on Electronic Products in China: Don’t Skip It
Sofeast also provides you with reliability and durability testing for products and packaging so if this is something you need help with for products you’re developing and manufacturing in Asia, see if our service is suitable and get a quotation.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!