Sofeast’s CEO Renaud Anjoran is joined by an experienced British product designer and friend of the podcast Andy Bartlett to discuss the NPI process and product design best practices for new and unique products, with a focus on the early design stages where the concept is being defined. For many entrepreneurs, there is a disconnect between expectations and reality when developing new products.
Those with an idea for a unique new product who are new to developing and launching new products sometimes think the NPI process goes smoothly like this:
Watch: Watch on YouTube
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 01:03 – Going through the NPD process from the buyer’s side and its deliverables in detail.
- 04:06 – The latest version of design files.
- 05:42 – The BOM.
- 07:28 – Risk mitigation.
- 09:28 – Elements and learnings from the automotive industry (PPAP).
- 10:49 – Risk analysis – FMEA on design & processes.
- 14:28 – The process flow chart/diagram.
- 15:55 – The control plan.
- 19:37 – Calibration or verification certificates of fixtures and instruments for checking quality.
- 21:44 – Product QC inspections.
- 23:31 – Pilot run stage – EVT, DVT, PVT.
- 28:03 – Engineering changes.
- 29:23 – Prototypes/tooling/PP samples.
- 31:44 – Does every type of part or product require such stringent deliverables?
- 33:45 – Wrapping up
- Analysing the (NPI) New Product Introduction Process & its Benefits [Podcast]
- Why Pilot Runs Are A ‘Must-Do’ When Launching New Products [Podcast]
- NPI Process (New Product Introduction)
- NPD Project Constraints (3 common examples)
- Why You Need Mature Product Designs BEFORE Working With A Chinese Manufacturer!
- 3 Key Process Improvement Tools You Need To Start Using: Flow Chart, FMEA, Control Plan
- Developing New Products? Which Suppliers Are The Right Fit For You?
- The New Product Introduction Process For Hardware Startups [Guide]
- Get help to develop and launch your new product from Sofeast’s product engineering team
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!