Neale examined lots of Sofeast factory audit, product inspection, and manufacturing project data to determine the relationship between factory audits and good-quality products. He also checked thousands of complaints about Asia-wide suppliers from Global Sources data to work out if there were actions that importers could take to mitigate the chances of being scammed.
In this episode, you’ll hear some very insightful results from his research that can help you source and work with better suppliers, reduce your risks, and avoid scammers!
Watch On YouTube:
- Is there a Relationship between Factory Audits & Great Quality Products?
- 4 Ways to Reduce Scam Risks when Sourcing from Asia
- 00:00 – Greetings, introducing the topic, and our guest, Neale.
- 02:10 – Why Neale examined hundreds of our factory audits performed pre-covid to find the main patterns.
- 06:05 -Why product inspections/audits are different?
- 08:47 – What is the data saying about the incidents of pass/fail/hold aspects in product inspections?
- 14:11 – What did the data tell us about factory audits?
- 19:21 – How to reduce the number of factory audits you need to do if you only plan to work with one supplier?
- 21:23 – What does the data tell us about complex products?
- 23:47 – The takeaway from the Sofeast data analysis.
- 24:48 – Four key ways to avoid being scammed by Asian suppliers.
- 35:14 – Summary and wrapping up.
- Listen to this 9-episode mini-series where we teach you how to source safely from China and develop the suppliers you’ve found for even better results once you start working together. Click here to listen 👉 DIY Sourcing from China Series
- Download your free copy of our 80+ page eBook: Ultimate Guide To Sourcing From China And Developing Your Suppliers
- Sofeast provide you with all of the activities discussed in this episode across Asia: to find new suppliers, perform background checks on them, do factory audits, and inspect product quality
- Connect with Neale on LinkedIn
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!