Join our CEO Renaud Anjoran as he talks you through the new product development process and its various deliverables that form milestones for the buyer and help assure that you get quality and safe products going into mass production.
You’ll learn about key deliverables you should expect from the product R&D stage through to mass production, including design files, the BOM, how to reduce risks, the control plan, inspections, pre-production validation testing, and more.
Watch: Watch on YouTube
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 01:03 – Going through the NPD process from the buyer’s side and its deliverables in detail.
- 04:06 – The latest version of design files.
- 05:42 – The BOM.
- 07:28 – Risk mitigation.
- 09:28 – Elements and learnings from the automotive industry (PPAP).
- 10:49 – Risk analysis – FMEA on design & processes.
- 14:28 – The process flow chart/diagram.
- 15:55 – The control plan.
- 19:37 – Calibration or verification certificates of fixtures and instruments for checking quality.
- 21:44 – Product QC inspections.
- 23:31 – Pilot run stage – EVT, DVT, PVT.
- 28:03 – Engineering changes.
- 29:23 – Prototypes/tooling/PP samples.
- 31:44 – Does every type of part or product require such stringent deliverables?
- 33:45 – Wrapping up
- Analysing the (NPI) New Product Introduction Process & its Benefits [Podcast]
- Why Pilot Runs Are A ‘Must-Do’ When Launching New Products [Podcast]
- NPI Process (New Product Introduction)
- NPD Project Constraints (3 common examples)
- Why You Need Mature Product Designs BEFORE Working With A Chinese Manufacturer!
- 3 Key Process Improvement Tools You Need To Start Using: Flow Chart, FMEA, Control Plan
- Developing New Products? Which Suppliers Are The Right Fit For You?
- The New Product Introduction Process For Hardware Startups [Guide]
- Get help to develop and launch your new product from Sofeast’s product engineering team
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!