Sofeast’s CEO Renaud Anjoran welcomes Andrew Amirnovin our head of New Product Development back onto the pod to provide an overview of 12 DFX optimizations to consider when designing and developing a new product.
These include optimizations for manufacturing, reliability, crowdfunding, assembly, and many more! Listen along and you will get a grounding in the various DfX principles and be equipped to decide which you should focus on for your new product.
Watch on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings and introducing the topic of DfX.
- 02:30 – 1. Design for Short Development & Time to Market.
- 05:16 – 2. Design for Crowdfunding.
- 08:13 – 3. Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- 10:29 – 4. Design for Assembly (DFA).
- 13:35 – DFM & DFA tips for product designers to keep in mind.
- 19:19 – The rise of modularization.
- 25:04 – 5. Design for Quality & 6. Design for Testing
- 32:37 – 7. Design for Packaging.
- 35:45 – 8. Design for Reliability
- 45:12 – 9. Design for Maintainability.
- 49:15 – 10. Design for Ease of use/Ergonomics.
- 49:35 – 11. Design for Fewer SKUs.
- 50:20 – 12. Design for Sustainability.
- 51:02 – Which DfX principles are crucial?
- 51:55 – How to implement DfX?
- 53:58 – Wrapping up.
- The Design for X Approach: 12 Common Examples
- Design for Distribution (DFD)
- Design to Cost (DTC)
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- Design for Quality (DFQ)
- Design For Sustainability
- Design For Crowdfunding (Kickstarter & Indiegogo)
- Design For Assembly (DFA)
- Design for Distribution: What Hardware Startups Need To Know
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!