Chinese New Year is one of the most challenging times of year for importers with some or all of their supply chain in China or other East-Asian countries (like Vietnam) who celebrate it, too. In this episode of the podcast, we discuss when CNY is in 2022, how and why it can cause disruption to your supply, and some of the tactics you can follow to prepare for it and get through the time period with minimal negative effects, such as planning your inventory in advance.
Listen: Preparing For Chinese New Year 2022 Disruption
Watch: Watch it on YouTube
- 00:00 – Greetings & introduction
- 01:21 – When is Chinese New Year 2022?
- 02:26 – To avoid the disruption of CNY, what are the first and second-best scenarios for importers getting their product manufactured in China right now?
- 05:04 – When do factories start ‘winding down’ and what causes this phenomenon?
- 11:42 – What causes a drop in factory staff after CNY?
- 16:17 – What happens to quality when a factory has to hire a lot of new staff post CNY?
- 20:44 – The effect of time pressure before CNY.
- 24:47 – Is there an increased risk of suppliers going out of business at this time of year?
- 29:57 – Planning for inventory.
- 32:57 – How can inspections protect importers around the CNY period
- 35:59 – Wrapping up
- How To Handle Chinese New Year Manufacturing Disruptions?
- Be Prepared for Many Chinese Factory Closures This Coming CNY
- Chinese New Year: how to manage the disruption?
- Get help with product inspections
- Get help to keep control of your tooling
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!
Leave a Reply