Sofeast’s head of New Product Development, Andrew Amirnovin, talks about ISTA standards for testing packaging like shipping cartons.
Any importer shipping product from country to country by road, rail, air, or sea needs to consider the impact that transit will have on shipping cartons. Luckily, the ISTA standards and their sequences of tests allow importers to gain valuable peace of mind that their cartons are up to the task of protecting their valuable products.
Listen here to our discussion about ISTA standards and testing!
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings and introducing the topic of ISTA package testing.
- 03:02 – Who is ISTA and what testing standards do they offer?
- 09:28 – ISTA-1a.
- 10:34 – ISTA-2a.
- 15:46 – ISTA-3a.
- 18:49 – Is ISTA testing mandatory?
- 19:47 – What does it cost?
- 22:26 – What does an ISTA test pass actually mean?
- 24:28 – What if your package fails the test?
- 26:01 – When should importers start thinking about packaging options?
- 29:33 – Do the tests require real product samples to be used?
- 31:19 – Wrapping up.
- 9 Types of Packaging (Benefits, Costs, Sustainability, and more) – Guide for Importers
- Learn more about ISTA standards in detail from their website.
- What Is A Package Drop Test?
- What Is A Package Vibration Test?
- Carton Compression Test (what it is and its procedure)
- What Is A Packaging Atmospheric Conditioning Test?
- Packaging Damage
- How To Check Humidity In Wood And Cardboard
- Sofeast can help you do ISTA testing, source packaging, and handle your shipping from A-B. Get in touch with us to have a discussion about your needs.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!