Renaud and Adrian are both coming live from China for the first time on the podcast. Now they’ve both visited following covid, what has most obviously changed? What tips do they have for business visitors? How’s the economic landscape? Here are their observations, focusing on Shenzhen and Guangdong, as that’s where Sofeast is based.
Listen to the episode here 👇
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Introduction: China’s sluggish recovery from Covid.
- 03:55 – Are Covid restrictions still around?
- 05:26 – Far fewer foreigners in China now.
- 09:33 – Chinese EVs rule the road.
- 15:05 – E-bikes are now permitted in the city center.
- 19:24 – The transport system across the ‘Greater Bay Area’ is expanding faster than anyone can imagine.
- 25:26 – High-speed rail is easier for foreigners to use, just beware of new crowd control measures.
- 27:25 – Facial recognition technology is in use in a lot of places, especially to pay for goods and enter buildings.
- 29:08 – Restaurants in Shenzhen are pricier and ordering may be harder for foreigners now.
- 32:43 – LinkedIn is now blocked in China.
- 36:13 – Paying by cash and even card is more difficult. You need to go digital.
- 39:52 – Online deliveries have exploded with differing effects on society.
- 46:00 – People seem to socialize a bit differently, congregating in malls.
- 47:32 – Is China as hostile to foreign business as the media suggests?
- 51:27 – Wrapping up.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!