Have you considered Mexico as an alternative to China for your manufacturing?
Dan Harris at China Law Blog recently wrote this blog post: “Mexico is the New China” and Manufacturers are Moving There. In it he suggests why US companies, in particular, can benefit from moving some or all of their manufacturing to Mexico, and when you consider the close proximity to the USA that makes sense.
But can Mexico really provide the supply chain infrastructure that China or SE Asia does?
Listen to this episode of the podcast where we explore Mexico’s pros and cons, nearshoring, and some tips for assessing your supply chain’s risks and making a move.
Listen here! 👇👇👇
🎧 Is Mexico A Credible Alternative For Importers From China? 🎧
▶️ Watch on YouTube ▶️
Here’s what’s included in the episode…
✅ Is Mexico really a credible alternative to China?
✅ What is happening in China (and SE Asia) that is driving US companies out to other countries like Mexico?
✅ Why Mexico is an obvious choice for some US importers suffering from supply chain risks in Asia.
✅ Is moving to Mexico something that would be more suitable for SMEs rather than MNCs?
✅ Could nearshoring to somewhere like Mexico be more expensive than having a supply chain in Asia?
✅ What benefits does Mexico have?
✅ Are many companies truly moving 100% of their manufacturing to Mexico, or is it more of a supplemental location?
✅ What are Mexico’s drawbacks?
✅ Renaud’s tips on managing the process of moving some/all manufacturing out of China.
✅ Wrapping up
…and much more!
- China Law blog’s post: “Mexico is the New China” and Manufacturers are Moving There
- Another post from China Law Blog: Using Shelter Companies to Move Manufacturing from China to Mexico
- Renaud wrote about Why Your Product’s Final Assembly Should Be Close To Its Key Components on QualityInspection.org.
- Read about How To Diversify Manufacturing Sources Out of China and Cut Risk.
- Listen back to our earlier episode Manufacture in China, Vietnam, India, or Elsewhere in 2021?
- Listen back to our earlier episode A New ‘Cold War’ Between The USA & China’s Effect On Manufacturing.
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider 👍
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening! 😊
Leave a Reply