Renaud makes it clear where you need to be with new product designs before you approach Chinese manufacturers. He also explains the risks with immature designs, common red flags, and the work you’ll need to do to have designs that can be called ‘ready to industrialize.’
Listen to the episode here 👇
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 01:24 – What do we mean by mature product designs?
- 04:54 – Don’t ignore important phases and milestones in the NPI process.
- 07:30 – What the average Chinese manufacturer will need from you before they can get started.
- 09:45 – Approaching suppliers in the right way.
- 16:20 – Is there a risk that a ‘bad’ manufacturer might take your project with immature designs and lead to failure and wasted time and money?
- 18:53 – Common red flags demonstrating that product designs are immature.
- 25:41 – Summary and wrapping up.
- Why Skipping NPI Phases Is A Big Mistake
- See our visualization of the NPI process
- The Benefits of a Feasibility Study (during new product development)
- The Hardware Academy
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!