Sofeast’s CEO Renaud Anjoran is joined by two very experienced manufacturing practitioners and consultants to discuss how to drive a zero-defect initiative with your key suppliers. Podcast regular and six sigma black belt Clive Greenwood and pure lean consultant Max Phythian complete the panel.
You’ll learn the importance of building a relationship with these suppliers as important partners, what buyers need to do to develop the supplier, how fewer defects can be achieved, and hear some interesting examples from the careers of the speakers.
If fewer defects from suppliers sounds good to you, hit play below..!
Watch: Watch on YouTube
- 00:00 – Introduction.
- 02:03 – What does it take to get a key supplier to put in the work to go closer to zero defects?
- 09:39 – How to create the conditions required for better quality?
- 18:13 – How to speak with your supplier’s top management to spur the effort to go to zero defects?
- 27:22 – About CoQ (cost of quality). How to change a supplier’s mindset that ‘better quality will require higher prices?’
- 33:13 – Since the 80s large organizations like Auto manufacturers improved quality a lot. What caused this (better communication, more awareness of CoQ, better incentives)?
- 35:38 – How should people in a less-regulated industry, such as general consumer goods, approach their suppliers about reducing defects quickly?
- 42:38 – Let’s say you have a key supplier and their quality isn’t improving over the years even though they know your standard. What can be done to push them to improve? Stick or carrot?
- 47:39 – Wrapping up
- Exploring How To Improve Supplier Performance [Podcast]
- Improving Supplier Performance is Buyers’ Biggest Hurdle
- A Good Way To Analyze Data to Drive Process Improvements
- How To Manage Chinese Suppliers based on Facts & Data
- 3 Key Process Improvement Tools You Need To Start Using: Flow Chart, FMEA, Control Plan
- Should You Avoid the Words “Defects” and “Defectives”?
- How many defects are still in a batch after an AQL inspection?
- What should factory operators do when defects are found?
- How To Switch To A Newer, Better Chinese Manufacturer? [eBook]
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
There are more episodes to come, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!