Renaud welcomes Clive Greenwood and Sean Li of the BSI onto the podcast. They introduce the ISO 3730 standard for compliance management and discuss how best to implement it along with other relevant standards such as ISO 9001 and those related to compliance for certain product types. Importantly for importers with a Chinese supply chain, they talk about compliance in China, how this standard is being adopted there and how it might affect you if you work with Chinese suppliers.
Listen to the episode here 👇
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings and introducing the topic and guests.
- 03:21 – What is the ISO 37301 standard about?
- 06:25 – What is a compliance management system and how does it fit in with other common standards such as ISO 9001, 14001, etc?
- 12:29 – What does a compliance management system in China look like, and is the government taking it seriously?
- 17:24 – How about traceability, when supply chains in China have been historically opaque? Will businesses struggle to comply?
- 25:11 – How best to implement ISO 37301 along with other specific standards?
- 30:16 – Looking at a company’s organization, its checks & balances, its values, etc.
- 36:00 – Summary: The importance of an independent auditor to supervise the compliance management system.
- 37:25 – Wrapping up.
- Removing Probability Analysis from Risk Management?
- What is the EU Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation?
- BSI ISO 9001 Certification
- Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) and Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) Requirements: What Manufacturers need to know
- What Are Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)?
- 11 Common Electronic Product Certification And Compliance Requirements
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!