Renaud and Adrian from Sofeast share the positive news that China is reopening its borders to all travellers today, March 15th 2023, because they are starting to issue tourist visas now. After 3 years of Covid-driven entry restrictions, we look in particular at changes that might affect business travellers who are eager to visit suppliers there.
Listen to the episode here 👇
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 00:00 – Greetings – What is the news? (China issuing all types of visas as of March 15 ’23)
- 03:19 – Chinese business visas, and changes to applying for them.
- 08:30 – The points system used for work visas.
- 09:52 – Tourist visas are now available!
- 11:48 – Why the end of Covid has caused the loosening of entry restrictions now?
- 13:18 – Why PCR tests probably won’t be required from travellers moving forward in most cases.
- 15:54 – Wrapping up.
- China is fully reopening to tourists after three years of border restrictions (CNN)
- China to fully reopen borders to foreigners but near-term hurdles remain (Reuters)
- China set to open its borders to foreign tourists for the first time since Covid-19 pandemic (SCMP video)
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!