Our CEO Renaud, senior engineer Paul, and Adrian from the team focus on assembly and checking fixtures. These fixtures improve speed, consistency, and quality in the factory. They also lower costs because you’ll get fewer defects and operators can do faster work. So, what’s not to like?
Listen to the episode here 👇
Listen: to the podcast episode
Watch: on Youtube
- 01:17 – What are assembly fixtures? (+ examples).
- 11:00 – Benefits of assembly fixtures.
- 11:37 – Fixtures’ role in mistake-proofing.
- 16:04 – Why good product design must include manufacturing process design.
- 20:24 – The timeline of when to work on process engineering and fixtures.
- 22:50 – Are fixtures hard to build and what materials can be used?
- 23:37 – Who pays for and owns the fixtures?
- 26:50 – What are checking fixtures (used for QC)?
- 27:59 – Examples of checking fixtures.
- 30:52 – How to decide where and how you need to be checking quality during production.
- 36:20 – The ROI of using fixtures.
- 38:15 – Why pilot runs are helpful for identifying where fixtures are needed.
- Exploring The Key New Product Development Deliverables [Podcast]
- What’s The Investment Required To Bring My New Product To Market?
- Why A Pilot Run On A New Product, Before Mass Production, Is Very Helpful
- Understanding The Role Of Manufacturing Process Control In Your Factory
Listen, rate, & subscribe to the ‘China Manufacturing Decoded’ podcast on your favorite provider
More episodes are coming, so remember to rate us and subscribe! You can find us on:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Podcasts
- Listen Notes
- Podcast Addict
- The podcast’s website at China Manufacturing Decoded
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to give us a 5* rating and share it with your network if you enjoy listening!